Thursday, December 23, 2010

गीत गाता हूँ, किसी दिन बाँध चंचल काल का पल...

Keshav Pathak was one of my 'resident poets' - among many others... as I was growing up...
He wrote what made sense at that time when you are in your mid-teens - to look life from a perspective from when you would be leaving...

As I grew, I forgot him - and then - later - tried to find him too... I couldn't so I guess, he remains an unknown poet on the internet

...what I do retain are some of his verses from my diary of '70-71 - dont know/recall when/why I jotted them down - but they did make the context of growing up then...

गीत गाता हूँ, किसी दिन बाँध चंचल काल का पल,
चेतना अपनी बना दूंगा स्वरों की एक हलचल,
मौन का जब बाँध टूटेगा, घड़ी हो गी प्रलय की,
क्या नहीं इस मौन में हलचल छिपी मेरे ह्रदय की?....

and another one...

हे चिरंतन, ठहर कुछ क्षण, शिथिल कर ये नर्म बंधन,
देख लूं भर-भर नयन, जन, वन, सुमन, उडगन,किरण धन,
जानता अभिसार का चिर-मिलन पथ मुझको बुलाता,
कौन गाता? कौन गाता?...

..and

मृत्यु, प्यारी मृत्यु, मन की मीत, आ तू पास मेरे,
बोल कानों में कि प्राणों में समां लूं बोल तेरे|

Amen!...

No comments: